UX / Product Designer (Contract)
You are a passionate, well-rounded UX / product designer that has a breadth of experience in multiple aspects of UX design along with a depth of experience in information architecture. You are just as comfortable leading the design for large projects as you are splitting time between multiple smaller projects when needed. If that describes you, you'll feel right at home at Chariot. We are a tight-knit group of software professionals, putting our expertise to work for companies of all sizes, every day. We are software designers, developers, architects, tinkerers, and experts.
We are proud to be a 4 time winner of Philadelphia Top Workplace!
We are looking for a seasoned UX / Product Designer who can lead the UX design for projects of all sizes across various industries. You will work closely with our technical team, our clients, and their users in order to deliver well thought-out and highly polished solutions. You need to be able to show a strong portfolio showcasing design experience and successful executions.
- Highly Experienced in Information Architecture and Interaction Design
- Equal parts a creative and critical thinker
- Collaborative—able to work with and influence cross-functional teams
- Comfortable presenting to leadership stakeholders within our clients' organizations
- Passionate about a Human-Centered design approach
- A self-starter with the ability to flourish in a fast paced environment
- Flexible enough to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple projects
- Detail-oriented—bringing care and thoughtfulness to everything you do
- Adept with modern design tools like Sketch, Figma, Miro, InVision, etc.
- A problem solver—a “do what it takes” kind of person
- Familiar with user research and evaluating user feedback
- Work with clients to understand detailed requirements
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps as needed to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and to our clients
- Partner with our clients' product teams to ensure solutions meet the needs of users
- Serve as a liaison between business and technology stakeholders
- Consult on the product goals & strategy to meet client business needs
- Produce the required assets for web or mobile apps
- Developing prototypes with HTML and CSS a plus
- Present and defend designs to peers and client stakeholders
To be considered, please provide a link to your portfolio, including examples of Information Architecture work.