Angular and React Developers
Passionate about technology? Do you like shipping software and seeing real results?
If that describes you, you'll feel right at home at Chariot. We are a tight knit group of software professionals, putting our expertise to work for Philadelphia-area companies every day. We are software developers, architects, tinkerers, and experts.
We are proud to be a 4 time winner of Philadelphia Top Workplace!
The skills required for this position include:
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of and practical experience with Angular or React using ECMAScript 2015+ and/or TypeScript (though developers with practical experience with VueJS, Ember or another front-end framework and an interest to learn Angular, AngularJS and/or React will also be considered)
- Experience integrating with server-side REST APIs
- Expertise in implementing UI designs with HTML 5 and CSS 3, working with designers, and optimizing images, animations, accessibility, etc…
- Experience in AngularJS (for clients still working on this framework) helpful
- Experience writing REST calls on servers and integrating REST, security and communications with WebSockets and other APIs for more media-intensive applications
- Understanding of responsive design concepts (media queries, designing/implementing applications geared for tablets, mobile devices, desktop browsers, etc.)
- Ability to debug and unit test front-end applications with Jasmine/JEST, QUnit/Mocha or web test with Selenium, Protractor
- Able to configure front-end build environments with Webpack, Browserify, Gulp/Grunt, NPM scripts, etc.
- Comfort with one or more application development platforms/frameworks: preferrably NodeJS with Express or HAPI, Spring/Spring Boot, Scala/Play, Ruby/Rails, or Python/Django
Strong consideration given to:
- Solid design skills (design thinking, wireframing, design prototypes, leading meetings, able to turn design ideas into implementations easily)
- Mobile development skills: Writing any level of application on iOS (Swift/Objective-C), Android (Java) or hybrid development using React Native, NativeScript or Ionic Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL (Riak, Cassandra, MongoDb, etc.)
- Mastery of back-end frameworks and languages such as Java/Spring Boot, Scala w/Akka and/or Play, etc., make you a more versatile player and are valuable across our projects
We work with a wide variety of technologies, and solve an even wider variety of problems. A full stack skill set is vital, as is the ability to pick up and run with new technologies. Our customers bring us in to solve their most challenging problems, guide their teams on new initiatives, and provide expert technology advice.
- Energy usage forecasting
- Video on-demand streaming analytics
- Real time GPS to road network mapping through noise and data loss
- Mobile home security and automation applications
- Clinical trial data management enterprise applications
- Take a look at some of our case studies
Chariot only hires the best and brightest in the area, and the firm works hard to make sure that its employees stay that way. For example, here are some of the excellent benefits to working at Chariot:
- We take care of health, dental, and vision insurance, 100% paid for you and your family
- Attend an all expenses paid tech conference of your choice every year and opportunities to present at meetups, conferences and run workshops
- A top of the line MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Travel opportunities if you want them, and a commitment to local assignments if you don’t
- Free lunch Fridays when you’re in the office
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and long-term disability
- Subsidized gym membership
- Company stock
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
This is not a remote position. However, we are open to candidates willing to relocate.